Friday, January 6, 2012

Hairpieces certainly are handy



Nancy, Jerry, and I looked for hairpieces for me.  It has been difficult to fix my hair daily.  I bought a curly hair thing to put on a ponytail, in Bountiful. It matches really well in the back.  The tag says, New Millennium "Try Now" color 56, item MR-01. A clerk in the Distribution Center told me she really liked how I had done my hair.  That, of course, thrilled me.   It is the easiest piece to put in. 

       In American Fork, I purchased a piece that really looks like my hair.  It isn't curly but has 2 pieces to it on 2 clips.  It has a bun smoothness type appearance.  It adds a lot of fulness to the back. I also like that one.  It is a Raquel Welch in the "Silver Mist" color which is variations of gray color 56-60.  It is Aperitif PO#11R083. It doesn't look like the model on the website.  The model's is more curly.  (Of course, the info. is for me in case I lose my tags.)
        In Orem I picked up one that is called "Snow" and it matches the top, but not the bottom. It's called Go Lightly and is an Eva Gabor brand.  Nancy and I decided to get it anyway.  Maybe I can use it on the top of my head.  In the pictures, I look bad from the front, too many wrinkles.  Sorry, I'm just getting in that bracket of my life.  Of of course my hubby didn't agree with that.  Isn't he sweet?  I think I'll try a little "snow" on top of my head.

      I found a really nice curly one in Orem also that I liked a lot.  It matched the back of my hair, but not the front.  I could see the darker gray from the front of my face and decided it was too obvious.  Looked really nice and had a full head of hair with lots of curl in the back.  It was a dressy type.
      The one I took the pictures of is an old one I had and decided to try it on for size.  I need to work with it more, but I'm getting the general idea.  A banana clip holds it in place on the back of my head.   I got the idea of this style from the ladies helping me try on hairpieces.  So, I spent money for a bit of knowledge.  The trouble with this hairpiece is that I have to put it up and sit under a dryer.  I can't take it off at night and put it in the box, I have to put the banana clip and pins in the drawer.  In the morning, I need my store bought hairpieces because it takes too long to put it up, dry it, and get to school on time.  I didn't plan on taking pictures or I would have tried a bit harder to make it better.  Oh well, that's the way hair goes.  I found out heavy holding hairspray was required for this long hair to do updos.
      It's all been a lot of fun.  It made a fun day for Nancy and I in Orem.  Jerry just hung out with me in the other 2 pieces.  What a patient soul.



3 comments:

Wes Harris said...

Sweet silver locks Mom! Looks like a great match.

Myrna said...

It is a perfect match! Did you read the last paragraph? I knew it was a boring thing for a male to read.

Nancy said...

Ooh! I like that one the most of all, but of course, I can't remember the one you got in American Fork very well to compare it with. I really liked that one, too. But this one is super cute and it matches wonderfully! I like the curls. It is more curly than your American Fork hair piece, but not so curly that it looks fake. Love it!